Photography by James Bernal
Hope you all are having a fabulous week so far! Here are 10 ideas on how to incorporate some bohemian flair into your outfits:
1. Floppy brimmed hat: This can be similar to the one I have on in this outfit, a felt fedora, or even straw hat. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love a good hat, and floppy brimmed hats are the best. And they can be worn throughout different seasons, depending on the material.
2. Gladiator Sandals: One of my personal faves. There are now so many different gladiator shoe options to meet the look that you are trying to achieve – short sandals, tall sandals, wedges, and heels.
3. Fun headpieces: This includes floral crowns, headpiece jewelry, turbans, and scarves. I can’t get enough of all of the above.
4. Maxi skirt/dress: With the flowy nature of maxi skirts and dresses, they are perfect for capturing the boho look. Also, maxi skirts were often seen in ethnic prints in the ’70s and this style has made a comeback. Here are some great options that I think need to be added to my closet.
5. Earthy jewelry: I have always lovveed turquoise jewelry. Not only because it is one of my favorite colors but because of its versatility. It looks amazing with all metals, other earthy colors, and especially shades of orange. Really any jewelry in earthy colors or with a tribal look adds to your bohemian style though. I love these options.
6. Tribal and floral prints: These can be incorporated into your boho look in any scale. For more subtlety, add a tribal or floral print to your outfit through your headband or bag, or you could go all out with a printed maxi dress.
7. Boho bag: I particularly love any bag that has a vintage feel (or actually is vintage) for achieving a hippie look. A lot of vintage bags incorporate embroidery, braiding, or a floral print, which adds a bit of flair to your outfit. Other ideas for bags include anything with some fringe, tassels, natural-looking fabrics (such as suede), or a more slouchy and less structured shape.
8. Oversized sunnies: These are so great for making a statement. I used to steal my grandma’s huge sunglasses (which were probably literally from the ’70s) when I was a kid. Twenty years later, they’re still a part of my everyday look.
9. Tunic top: This is more of a shirtdress than a tunic top in my outfit, but it has a similar shape as many modern tunics. Here are some great tunics.
10. Flared jeans: These can be tougher to style than your skinnies, but don’t let that stop you! Flared jeans make for the cutest boho chic look!
Which of these are you going to be trying?