Photography by James Bernal
Rompers are my absolute favorite for the summertime in particular. While they can be transitioned into fall and even winter, which I’ll get to in this post, they are such an easy go-to in the summer months. I personally do not wear all that many mini skirts because they feel too short and uncomfortable to me. So a romper is a great compromise to achieve that fun, flirty look of a mini but with a little more coverage! Here are a few of the ways that I like to wear rompers:
1. Statement necklaces: As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, statement necklaces are also a favorite for me, so why not combine the two?! With a busier print such as this one, you really can get away with no necklace at all too.
2. Blazer: A blazer is a great way to dress up a romper. This is the simplest way to take your romper from casual to special occasion ready.
3. Leather jacket: Add an element of toughness to your romper with the addition of a leather jacket.
4. Belted: Some of the rompers that I have are a bit baggy and don’t have much of a shape, but of course I had to have them because of the cute print. This is quickly fixed by throwing on a belt to give more of a figure.
5. Sneakers: While sneakers may be more unexpected paired with a romper, a cute pair creates a sporty, yet cutesy look.
6. Sandals: In the summer, sandals or wedges are the perfect addition to your romper outfit. Add a fedora and you’re beach ready!
7. Boots: As we transition to fall and then winter, you can even pair a romper with ankle boots. Those favorite boots along with tights, a scarf and a sweater will make for the cutest layers with your romper.
What is your favorite way to wear a romper?