Photography by James Bernal
Happy spring everyone! This is by far my favorite season because the weather is just perfect in Sacramento as it starts to warm up, but is not too hot just yet. And even better, spring colors are so much fun! I love, love this outfit from Francesca’s with the bright white and pink for this time of year. In the spirit of spring, I am sharing a few of my plans for the upcoming months:
1. Play more basketball – I have been playing basketball since I was eight and love it! I am looking forward to more pickup games on an outdoor court with this warmer weather.
2. Plant a garden – This one is more of a maybe because I’ve managed to kill every plant I’ve ever owned. But I think that spring would be a great time to plant a pot of flowers on my back patio…in theory.
3. Read by the pool – My condo complex has such a pretty pool area that I’ve hardly taken advantage of using. It’s tough to find the time to slow down a bit, but how amazing does relaxing by the pool sound right about now?
4. Picnic date – Picnics are such a relaxing way to enjoy nice weather. While picnicking can be an excursion all on its own, it also is so much fun to do at an outdoor concert or movie. And to top it off, they’re the perfect excuse to drink from juice boxes and eat mini sandwiches.
5. Dinner on the patio – Last year my roomie and I spent the spring and summer evenings eating chips and salsa (because neither of us like to cook) and drinking margaritas out on the patio. I would love to actually have real dinners on the back patio this year. Now I only need to recruit someone who actually cooks.
What are your favorite spring activities?